Thursday, February 7, 2008

To the DMV

I had to get my drivers' license renewed, since it has been expired since the 26th of last month. I heard all kinds of horror stories about the DMV, the one I was going to, so I thought about traveling all the way to the west side of town because it's true, there is no line there. When I informed darling husband, he said, "what are you talking about, there's nothing wrong with the DMV in Homewood!" so, I figured, I'll just go on and go, if the baby princess starts screaming, it won't be my problem, it'll be theirs. Okay, I see what the nightmare is if you need a new license, but getting one renewed isn't all that bad, true there is no personality at the desk, but again, it wasn't my problem it was theirs. So, what do ya know? Husband was right, there was not a problem for me going to the Homewood DMV, however if I needed a new license, a whole other story!

I actually have a story, it was when I first moved to this side of the country and I needed a new in-state license to get married and because my other one had expired and I remember going to the Homewood DMV on two separate occasions and never getting it because I seriously waited for like 2 hours each time and then had to leave because I had class or work or something. So for that, I remember taking the long trek to the west side of town to go to that DMV where I didn't have to wait in line (at all), took my written driving test, stood on the mark in front of the camera, and walked out with my temporary license. And it seems like they were nicer at that DMV too!

1 comment:

Kim said...

i detest the DMV! glad to hear that you didn't have to wait long.