Friday, February 29, 2008

Politics

I wasn't going to go here for my blog because lots of times I feel confused about stuff and I feel like I end up looking like an idiot that votes blindly for the same party. It is no secret to most people who know me that I am a Democrat, however some people upon meeting me think that I am very conservative and I guess they think I'm a Republican. Anyway, I am so sick of one person in this race, just one in particular. This person has great ideals, but whenever I read on their blog or website, I don't really see a plan for stuff they want to do, just that they want to do it. I also feel like this person is not at all genuine in the statements made, just saying stuff to make people hear what they want to hear. I also didn't want to go here because sometimes others (myself included) can be so passionate that they get kind of mean in their rebuttals and then, in my opinion, the words get personal and those attacks really don't help anything. Well, I'm opening this up for discussion, we'll see if I get any hate mail from this post. I didn't say any names, just parties, but I do live in a very red state.

5 comments:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Names, woman. Names! Spice it up :o) It's you blog, you are entitled to write and voice your opinion on whatever you want.

Screw those who want to leave mean, anonymous comments -

Becca said...

okay, it's Hillary. I can't handle her, she's fake, and not at all genuine. I think she just says what people want to hear, but doesn't really have a plan of action. There, happy? ;)

Kelly said...

I'm a Yellow Dog Democrat myself so as long as a Democrat gets elected, I'm good. My only problem with Hillary is that I think dynasties are a bad idea...and so did our founding fathers. If she does get elected (but it's looking bad for her), that means that leadership of the free world will have been concentrated in the hands of two families for more than 20 years and frankly, that makes me more than a little nervous.

Also, I don't think she'll be electable in a general election...people either love her or they hate her (my husband, for example hates her with a passion I've rarely seen in him) and to win a presidency, you need some people in the middle who can still be influenced...and that's not Hillary.

Most people made up their mind about her when her DH was Prez.

Poodlehead said...

Hillary scares me and it's not just because I'm a conservative. It's because her family has a MACHINE and nothing stands in their way. People end up ruined or dead around them.

But when her hubby was in office I was so jealous of Monica. HA!

My2Suns said...

I don't have a particular party alignment, which sucked in the primary when I lived in Fl. As I have said to friends before I am a "flip flopper". (You know I vote Republican one race Democrat the next.) I will say the Dems have not put anyone up that has had a chance since Clinton, this race included. I am not really impressed with either candidate still left in the race. I thought I liked Obama, but upon further searching and more leaks into who he really is, he scares me too.
As a matter of fact, I'm not to keen on ANYONE left in either race, so it looks like another game of the lesser of two evils. I really think the Rep's have it this year though.....sorry.... Don't have me for my opinion... I would love to see this topic on the board, but not sure how it would fair.