Friday, February 22, 2008

book idea

I am thinking of biting the bullet and just going ahead and writing a book! I started on one that is a draft on my posts list, but I am reluctant to publish it because I feel like it is so choppy and I may wait until I feel better about it before publishing it and then I guess we'll see what people think and if they comment on it. The only problem is that it starts with someone waking up in a strange bed hungover, and I don't know if I'm even going to like the way it's finished. Has that ever happened to you? You start something and then end up hating it because it takes a drastic turn and all of a sudden it isn't what you meant to say, but it's already out there so you feel like you can't fix it. Well, that's where it is now.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

From experience, it helps if you go to the point where you think you're story went awry and force yourself to take the narrative in a different direction.

I'm already hooked...sounds like a premise most people can relate to even if they don't want to admit it.