Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Princess habits

I think it is pretty funny how there is now a gossip magazine for kids by Disney. Hubby bought it for big girl princess on the way home from work yesterday, and wouldn't put it down because guess who is on the cover? Miley Syrus! (or, Hannah Montana) Big girl princess had trouble putting the magazine down, and hubby/daddy reads over her shoulder that Miley is dating one of the Jonas Brothers? Big girl princess looks up and very matter-of-factly says, "yeah, Nick." It's like she is a little me, and will soon get her news from People, Us Weekly and all the great trash magazines that I enjoy. awwww.

The baby princess really enjoys Elmo, I have trouble with him because his voice is too high, and well I just find him irritating, but baby princess LOVES him, so I am able to get by okay. For the baby princess we (really me, because hubby was in Wisconsin on a business trip) bought her a little "Get Dressed With Elmo" toy, and we get to hear him sing songs about getting dressed, she can practice buttoning and velcroing and learn to tie shoes even. Well, today Elmo was sitting next to us and he started ringing, like a phone, and then he said, "That's Elmo's cell phone..." WHAT?!?!? Okay, I am about to sound like an 80 year old, but isn't he supposed to represent a kid? And I probably shouldn't say anymore because I am going to really sound like an 80 year old and how cell phones are a necessity that we just didn't have back in my day.

3 comments:

random_mommy said...

you blog!!!

Rebecca said...

Ah, Elmo. I was so excited to find an Elmo CD with Delia's name in the songs. She loves it; I think I might jump off the roof if I hear it again. That monster is so annoying...

My2Suns said...

We go through that whole Elmo addiction every other month, I started telling them the video's need fixed so we can't play them, boy how bad am I lying to my kids