Saturday, August 22, 2009

on doing yard work

I have always hated yard work. I remember having to do it when I lived at home with my parents and the house we grew up in had a huge yard, so there was extra work. Well, the house we have now, with husband and kids, also has a big yard, and I just let the husband do the outside while I kept the inside. I started noticing things outside though, like how there are a lot of bushes growing out of control, the fact that kudzu has taken over some parts of the yard, and I think that since the yard is so big the husband is able to mow the grass, and after about three hours he's done. This makes him too tired to do the rest of the grooming. I have been thinking about it for a while now, especially since I have been told by several of my mommy friends that they LOVE to work in the yard, it makes them feel good. Well, that thought really pepped me up to get out there today and do some yard work while the husband was cutting grass. I lasted for about an hour and a half, but I cut down a lot of over grown bushes that we didn't even plant, they must have grown from seeds falling out of trees and planted by our lovely Mother Nature. The two little princesses helped by dragging the limbs and tree scraps to the side of the yard where our garbage is picked up. We all worked together in the yard this morning and it did feel really good. I have a lot left to do, but I do feel really good about what I have started, and before long it will be time to plant perennials and I can get some crocus bulbs and maybe some daylily bulbs to plant and have some more lovely flowers around the mailbox and in the flower beds in the back yard. All of this makes me smile even while typing. Amazing, really, seeing how much I dreaded the thought of working in the yard, and after I have, how good I feel about it.

1 comment:

Duble said...

nothing to say about this, but i clicked on an ad