Wednesday, August 5, 2009

in the middle...

I have always been average. I was average while in school, in athletics, average sized... well, average in everything. I am very moderate with my political views and religious beliefs, and I think I'm an average stay-at-home-mom. Today, while doing laundry I was watching "Wife Swap," and even though I like watching shows like that, I know that I'll never be a part of one. Not only because I don't have a face for the camera, but I also think the producers would look at me and think I wasn't extreme enough for their show. I would love to have some self-discovery through change like that, or have someone from one of those home improvement shows come and redecorate my house, but again, I don't think my way of living is extreme enough. I'm actually glad that my house isn't as messy as the people on that show "Clean House," but I would still like someone with a vision tell me how to organize and clean and show me what to throw away. I like my place in the middle though, I don't want to be the kind of person that can't hear another point of view, or is so ridged I can't function with everything just so. I would LOVE to have my house clean and decorated and done, ready for any company to come by, but it's the whole doing it that is difficult for me. I guess I can just blame it on my ADD, or ADHD, whatever it is that I have, and get on with my day, right here in the middle, standing on my line that was drawn in the sand.

2 comments:

Duble said...

I like to this of all things that define how I am and compile a list that would define just me out of all the people in teh world.

but I do am far to average to be on tv.

Laura said...

I would rather be happy than perfect! Sounds like we're both doing well on that front :-)

Hope to see you again soon!