Thursday, August 20, 2009

now that I know...

I have ADD, or ADHD, one of those, I can't remember and I remember after finding out I was very adamant that I did not want to be on medication! Well, I finally gave in and got prescribed some meds and now things are going so much better for me and my family. It's amazing, if you need it, it works for you. I don't like the idea that drugs are what people turn to for a quick fix of things, the FDA and drug companies get on my nerves sometimes because they will not catch some awful thing that can happen to some people and then it's too late because people have already died from having a heart attack or stroke or something, then the drug is recalled and it's back to the drawing board. I realize that with most of those diet drugs, there is no quick fix the best thing for you in that regard is diet and exercise which is a lot of work, and I think it's the same thing for mental health, you do need to see a therapist if you take drugs to help you mentally as well as physically. I have noticed a difference since taking the medicine, when I shop I am more focused on what I need and not what I see that just ends up in my cart, I can focus on what I'm doing around the house, not distracted by whatever, and I am not as stressed out. My doctor told me that there isn't any anti-anxiety thing in this medicine that I'm taking, but it's probably helping with that because I'm able to get stuff done.

1 comment:

Duble said...

I have a batch of Narcolepsy. Which when i think about it isn't all that bad of a think. I also have a family litered with drug and alcohol abuse. So the idea of taking Ritalin every day and percocet everynight freaked me out.

However, I get so much more done, when you don't have to take a nap every 2 or 3 hours.

also I am glad your blog about having something, I have no idea why people don't want to admit they need help with something.