Friday, June 20, 2008

just so sad.

I never felt like I was dying of cancer. I remember soon after I was diagnosed, I went through about 2 days of "why me?", but I decided soon after that people survive cancer everyday, I was going to be that, a survivor. Now, I am just so sad. My friend Jeff has lived with lung cancer for 1 1/2 years, and now he's dying of it. His wife sent me an email telling me that he is sedated at the hospital, and the doctors don't think he will ever come out of it. Let me give a little background; Jeff and I got along right away, we just clicked. We share a lot of the same personality traits, sense of humor, the same birthday and we even live in the same neighborhood. I met Jeff when we worked at the same accounting firm, worked on the same audit reports and financial statements. Jeff is a good guy and I can't help but think how unfair it is that he is dying. I am so sorry for his wife and family. I have described cancer hitting houses much like a tornado, where one house is fine, another may have a tree down and the next is demolished. Cancer hit our houses (mine and Jeff's) at about the same time, but his seems to be one of those houses hit a little harder than mine. I am truly sad, and so sorry for him and his family.

God bless them.

2 comments:

Seis said...

sorry for your loss.

Hear Their Everywear said...

I am sure he fought a good fight. Please let his family know that they are in our thoughts and prayers in this time.

I am glad you fought, too!