Monday, April 28, 2008

marriage stuff

There is a couple at church that just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. I am so impressed with that. Husband and I had a very heated argument on Wednesday night last week, and I am still crying from it. Back to counseling for us. I was assured by a friend at church, who has celebrated 47 years of wedding bliss, that it all takes a lot of work. She and her husband have been through counseling, and according to her that's what you have to do to make it last so long. I am hoping that this is just a rough spot, I'm sure that's all it is. I was also told by a mutual friend that I needed to put forth more effort, I have my work cut out for me.

We will celebrate 12 years in June.

2 comments:

Poodlehead said...

if you get a good counselor pass me the name please.

Kelly said...

I think marriage is a lot like going through the seasons...sometimes the sun is shining and you feel bright and cheerful and nothing can slow you down! Other times it's cold and rainy and then there are the days when you feel like you've been snowed in for days and you have no choice but to dig yourself out.

Hang in there...we've all been there!

((((Hugs)))) and good thoughts!