Thursday, March 20, 2008

I can't win

It is spring break for our area and since big girl princess isn't in school I have two kids at home with me all day long. I guess I should consider this practice for when summer comes, but it's still harder than it looks on TV, especially since it's tax season so my accountant husband works all the time.

Anyway, on to the reason for my post. I have wanted to have daily adventures for my kids this week because watching TV all day isn't good. On Monday we went to the zoo, bad idea, the rest of the city was also there, but it really wasn't too bad because the zoo is big enough to hold a lot of people. I just have snooty issues sometimes so people tend to get on my nerves. On Tuesday we went to a local park that is fun because it looks like a big castle, so the princesses felt right at home. We were able to climb and play and slide and climb some more. However, it was like word got out that we were there so all of a sudden there were a bunch of obnoxious rude kids pushing my kids around so after playing for about 45 minutes we left. Yesterday, on Wednesday, we went to Chuck E. Cheese. It was raining so I felt like it was a good idea to play in a dry area, even though I knew that it would end up being really crowded. We got there at about 10:00 AM, when they opened and it was pretty nice, got our pizza at about 10:30 and it started getting more crowded. At 11:00 I was DONE! We got the hell out of there, and as we were in the parking lot getting back to the car I noticed that it stopped raining. Today, I was going to go to another park, after going to the grocery store, but I really feel like if we did, I will regret it, and there is no point in wasting my gas driving to another park where my kids won't get a lot of play because I get annoyed.

hmmm, maybe I need to go to therapy. Nah, I'll just take it out on some laundry.

No comments: