Thursday, September 3, 2009

Books vs. Movies

On Tuesday night I saw "My Sister's Keeper" at the dollar show with some friends. I read the book, by Jodi Picoult, and LOVED it, so of course I wanted to watch the movie. Well, the problem with reading a book then seeing the movie that is based on that book is there is so much detail left out, and they have to put in all those cheesy voice overs to catch up anyone that hasn't read the book before the movie. I would also advise that if you have seen the movie, you really should read the book, the story is so much better. The lawyer is funnier, I was glad that my TV boyfriend, Alec Baldwin, was who played the lawyer, but he is funnier in the book, and on the movie he's so much more serious. The brother is so much more of a bad kid in the book, which I think works better when he spills the beans in the courtroom. The main thing though, that I found the most annoying was how Hollywood changed the ending of the story. I really can't even believe that Jodi Picoult let them get away with that bullsh*t! They even added some crappy voice over to make up some sum-up of what they are doing now. Total crap! READ THE BOOK! I think that if I'm going to be able to enjoy movie and book then I need to watch the movie first and then read the book, that would help the movie to make more sense and if I liked the movie then there's a good chance I would like the book too. You would have thought that I would have known this already. Hopefully that was my last time to watch a movie that was based on a book I read. It was still a great time out with my friends though, and I'm glad that the other girls that read the book agree with me. :)

1 comment:

Duble said...

I've never ever ever liked a movie more, well maybe the grinch, that cracked me up, but other than that never.

also you post I click an ad :-D