Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sewing

I have just started sewing, and I love it. I find that it is the best therapy ever. I am able to think and be productive unlike running which is just thinking with no productivity. I know that if my feelings are hurt then I close myself off, and avoid all confrontation because I don't want to cry. Sewing has helped me spend less time on the computer, which I find very unhealthy if you spend a lot of time without other adults to keep you company, as most stay-at-home-moms will do. I have been able to make two dresses (so far) for both of my children, I'm currently working on the third in a different more complicated style. I was going to not sew today because my "teacher" and I will usually sew together on Tuesday and Thursday when both kids are in school. I am thinking though, that with some left over fabric I may try making a skort for little princess since I am borrowing that pattern. I spent too much time on Facebook this morning, which lead me to read other stuff on other sites and I need to take a break again. I have thought about going unplugged for a week, but my idea was quickly shot down from other family members, I may have to get that idea going again. We can all use our creative juices and not watch TV or "play" on the computer. I feel domestic on a whole other level when I sew, I was able to see talent in my work right off (not to toot my own horn), unlike cooking which always seems like such work to me. I am proud of the dresses I have made for my kids so far, and that just makes me feel good. There are times when I feel like the worst mom ever, and I compare my own mothering to other peers of mine, but this makes me happier, and therefore I feel like a better mother for it. Now, I'm off to sew! :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

good for you, becca! now i want to see some pics of these cute dresses. :)

BlessedMom said...

I really need to start doing this. My computer is a constant source of entertainment for me. I usually get lost in it and then everything falls apart around me. Maybe I need a hobby...hmmm, but sewing isn't something I'm even remotely good at. We'll have to think on that one.

Becca said...

You could be my assistant, Blessedmom. ;)