Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I have to admit, I don't usually make these, just for the plain fact that if I want to change something why should I wait for the new year to do it? K-Mom got me thinking though with her post about New Years resolutions, so I had some time to reflect and make some of my own. All who are reading this can hold me accountable, I am not very good at keeping these things. ;)

1. I will think before I speak. This is very important, sometimes I will say these awful snobby type things and once they are out there, they are out there, I don't apologize for them usually, I guess because it was already said. I will often lay in bed not able to sleep because of something awful I said and don't know how to recover it.

2. Train for the Half-Marathon and Marathon. I am already registered to run/walk in the Mercedes Half-Marathon in February, and I am hoping to be full marathon ready by next year.

3. No more drama for me! This is pretty self-explanatory, but if you have something to say about someone else, I don't want any part of it. Well, unless it's something we plan to confront the individual about, like an intervention or something.

4. I will do better about putting stuff away and being more organized, making the whole family part of the process. I think all our days will be better with this in action, we can all be clean and organized, and then not be frantic right before we are to leave for school or church or something, making all of us happier.

5. I want to learn something new. This is something I would like to do every year. This year I want to learn to knit. My plan is to eventually be good enough that I can knit scarves and hats for cancer patients to give anonymously at local hospitals.

2 comments:

Duble said...

You're running a have marathon in Feb!!

You're the man!

well not so much man and woman, but nevermind that.

Scott and I are headed to ESPN to cheer for UTAH!

Seis said...

I can teach you how toknit scarves, annd Mag can knit too. We need to get a stitch and bitch group together.