Monday, May 26, 2008

my own observations

Last night I was lying in bed flipping channels and I stopped at TBS where they were showing "Titanic" and it was at that part where the violinists are playing "Nearer My God to Thee" and showing the mayhem of the big ship sinking. It was really so sad, the people putting their kids in bed telling them stories and so calm like they have accepted that they will die a tragic death, but show no fright to scare their children and the old couple holding each other while they were lying in bed. I starting to think about how I have always been a strong swimmer, I was on the community swim team from about 3rd grade on up, to being on the high school swim team, where I was also a lifeguard, and I realized that it wouldn't matter how well I could swim if in those conditions. I don't know why I do it, but whenever watching movies I always put myself there, what would I do?

Anyway, speaking of swimming... One of the reasons why I love the track at HRC is because it goes over the gymnasium and the swimming pool and I like to watch the people in the gym and the pool as I go by. Today there was a big fat man wearing a Speedo, and really it was just comic relief for me. I just think fat man is speedo is funny. Some people may be reading this going "ew, gross!" but he wasn't hairy or anything, that would be gross. Fat hairy man in speedo reminds me of my boss at the Desert Wave Pool where I used to be a lifeguard. EW!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know the exact scene in "Titanic" that you're talking about...it was difficult for me to watch as well. I always wonder what I would do in situations like that. But I know one thing, I wouldn't be calm.

I would be running around like a freak screaming "We're going down! We're going down!" Staying calm in a crisis is not my thing.