Wednesday, February 25, 2009

mean girls

I am sure most of us have seen that movie, "Mean Girls" based on that nonfiction book "Queen Bees and Wannabes". I found the movie very entertaining and funny, and so true to how it is in high school and wanting to belong so badly. The "B" in my name, btw, is for "Becca" not "Bee". Anyway, I was reminded of this today while watching a show that I TiVoed. It was the reunion show for The Housewives of Orange County. They are all very beautiful women, and I guess "hot moms", but they are so ugly to each other. I was totally blown away at how mean they are to each other behind their backs and then had to own up to it on TV for the reunion show. I wonder how beautiful people in beautiful homes can be so ugly, appearances can be very deceiving.

I guess I'm still affected by it, and had to write about it, and I don't know where else to go with it. I'm sure I'll have something more upbeat to write next time. :)

3 comments:

Heather S. said...

Just further proof that all of the money and things in the world can't make you truly happy.

Duble said...

I absolutely hate the new york housewives, I hate the orange county housewives and i hate Atlanta housewives.

I mostly hate the countess lady though, because she got mad at the limo driver for not calling her countess and addressing her by her first name.

I hope that lady get run over by a limo. That would make for good tv.

It has just occurred to me that, i need to put up a better fight for the remote.

I loath the orange county lady that left to go on vacation when her husband was dying of cancer. I am pretty sure If I knew even my next door neighbor was dying I wouldn't leave them alone.

*Yankee Belle* said...

Housewives of B'ham...we've discussed this. ;)